Strain engineered electronic devices
New approach for strain engineering
- Current strain engineering methods have several drawbacks: they generate atomic defects
- in the interface between Si and strain inducers. We developed the formation of a strained
- semiconductor membrane with oxidation-induced residual strain by releasing a host mother
- substrate of wafer.
Device applications using strain engineering techinque
- We demonstrated the improved performance in the thin Si TFTs, MTJs on a flexible substrate
- by strain engineering without relying on the epitaxial stressor. This process can be applicable
- for various flexible electronic devices. This approach shows promise for strain-engineered
- large-area flexible electronics with high performance and productivity.